Dolce far niente

"Too much law make people mad." "Hawai'i"

Monday, May 10, 2010

Eatin' out

For Christmas, first born received a gift card to the Portuguese-themed restaurant in our pleasant little town. Free food being what it is, we broke our vow to ourselves and went to dinner.

I ordered the portobello mushroom with asparagus. Surprise! It was a pasta dish in white sauce. You may remember I criticized the bread on one of my previous two visits, but this time, it was warm (almost hot) and fresh. . . the best part of the meal. Who knew you could serve asparagus in any form but spears? Actually, I'm not sure what those green specks were.

Our waitress was pleasant and attentive, so we tipped her almost 20% over the gift. She shouldn't have to suffer because I didn't like the free food.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home