Dolce far niente

"Too much law make people mad." "Hawai'i"

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Hispanic Governor Has It Right

It has been estimated the the immigration demonstrations drew about one million people. I would like to THANK the 10-11 million illegal immigrants who went to work and/or didn't protest. I also thank God (politically incorrect) that apparently no shots were fired.

I must admit that the actions of the 10-11 million have allowed me to feel slightly more sympathy toward illegal immigrants who are already here. But I agree completely with Governor Bill Richardson D-NM that Congress should "tighten border security. . . enforce the law and punish employers who willingly and knowingly hire those who are in the country illegally [and]. . . press Mexico and convince its leaders to seriously address immigration issues." He and I are waiting for Congress and Presidente Fox to act.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home