Dolce far niente

"Too much law make people mad." "Hawai'i"

Monday, April 20, 2009

No more worries

All my financial problems are over. A letter from Michael J. Astrue, Social Security Commissioner, informs me that, under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, I will be receiving a one-time payment of $250 late next month. Now I can have my dream of that large farm where I can run 100 head of dog, and that classic mid-'30s Hispano-Suiza I have been coveting. Thanks to those of you whose increased taxes will fund this largesse.

And now, for something completely different:

Margaret Sanger, the founder of what became Planned Parenthood, in her 1922 book, "The Pivot of Civilization," said, "We want fewer and better children. . . and we cannot make the social life and the world-peace we are determined to make, with the ill-bred, ill-trained swarms of inferior citizens that you inflict on us." And you thought her primary concern was women's reproductive rights, when, in fact, she was just a common garden variety eugenicist.

Following Sanger's example, a Planned Parenthood lawyer, Ron Weddington, in the early 1990s, argued that an abortion pill would help "start immediately to eliminate the barely educated, unhealthy and poor segment of our country." Wasn't that Hitler's goal, too?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home