Dolce far niente

"Too much law make people mad." "Hawai'i"

Thursday, December 02, 2010

Four for TV (so far neglected)

1. I once spent 2 1/2 months in a skilled nursing facility learning to walk with my repaired hip. My roommate could not hold down his food, but no doctor was ever seen on the premises. He had Medicaid and a I have Medicare. Why should criminals get better medical care than us law-abiding citizens?

2. Government extorts money from employers to pay for unemployment insurance. I was eligible twice, but I refused to apply because the rules encourage lying. The premiums should have been returned to my former employers.

3. President Obama is obviously intent on destroying all oil companies. His unreasonable hatred could bring the wheels of progress to a grinding halt. He seems to forget that oil can be used to create the electricity that powers those Smart kiddie cars.

4. If the State of California insists upon providing vehicles for people who can afford to buy their own, the least it could do is furnish some of those ugly, half-sized kiddie cars, and the inconvenient ones that need charging every 40 miles, instead of safe, comfortable and dependable Cadillacs and Lexuses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home