Dolce far niente

"Too much law make people mad." "Hawai'i"

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Idle welcomes Jorge back (as published in the E-R, 11/24)

I want to congratulate Jorge Smirnoff on his recent financial uptick. It seems he has finally discovered that hard work and personal responsibility are the keys to success, something the rest of us have always known.

I welcome his return to "Letters," and ask, if before he deep-sixed his newspapers, he noticed that the Obama liberal agenda has been repudiated across the country. I eagerly await his rationalization of that.

I pledge to be more kind to him now that he has embraced capitalism, and if I see him in that ubiquitous line at Starbucks, I'll wave a friendly hello, but I can't join him because when I left the Army, I swore I'd never stand in line again.

Finally, I thank him for not dredging up George W. Bush to blame yet again, and ask that he at least read his book before he resumes any unreasonable excoriation of the man who kept us safe all those years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home