Dolce far niente

"Too much law make people mad." "Hawai'i"

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Amy, the Crazy Liberal Lady

Late last night, I was watching my favorite to-laugh-at TV show hosted by Amy Goodman, where an attractive Indian woman was being interviewed. (Apparently, despite all our outsourcing, India is a living hell. The young Indian chronicled government oppression of all sorts including torture and death.) I stopped laughing. Then Amy characterized her as an author and an activist, and I suddenly realized that I could be in danger of becoming an activist. I have observations too, and all I lack is a world-wide forum in which to spout them.

I don't want to be an activist. What I do is point out anomalies I observe, and make fun of foolish people, most of whom are politicians whose only goal in life is to be reelected. . . and they invite criticism. I just want to encourage people to think, and more importantly, to laugh. . . a lot (before the global warming apocalypse).

4 Comments:

At 10:45 AM, Blogger Kurt said...

Yes, you have opinions; what you lack is knowledge.

 
At 12:25 PM, Blogger Don, American Idle said...

I am certainly saddened by the oppression in India, and I hope they remedy the situation soon.

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger Kurt said...

You're only saddened when Two and a Half Men is a rerun.

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger Don, American Idle said...

Yes, fun is what it's all about.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home