Dolce far niente

"Too much law make people mad." "Hawai'i"

Friday, October 13, 2006

As Seen on TV

TOPIC: Who's smarter, men or women?

A: Women are smarter. As a man, I'm smart enough to know that it would be really stupid of me to say anything else. "Yes dear, you're right; you're always right. May I please have my dessert now?"
[The crew was chuckling in the background.]

TOPIC: Discovery of new planets.

A: As my son once said, "Science is the new religion." So much of it depends on faith. I don't understand how the Hubble Telescope, which has been up there for years, can suddenly discover a sea of new planets. Maybe it's voodoo religion.

TOPIC: [Probably will not be seen] Video games and school violence.

A:As sure as I'm sitting here writing this, some jerk will try to blame school violence on George Bush. Well, violent video games were around long before he was President, and giving it a political spin today doesn't fool anyone.

1 Comments:

At 11:51 PM, Blogger Don, American Idle said...

Actually, you must be my only reader, because otherwise, some "jerk" would have had his feelings hurt. And, he would tell you, the Bill of Rights (#1A) says we are protected from having our feelings hurt.

(I enjoy your proper grammar personna better.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home