Dolce far niente

"Too much law make people mad." "Hawai'i"

Friday, September 22, 2006

The UN

I've chaired a few meetings in my day, and if one member of the group had personally vilified another, like Hugo Chavez calling President Bush "Satan," I would have ruled him out of order, and told him to stop. If he refused, I would have adjourned the meeting. Of course, I was presiding over civilized people who respect each other and the presiding authority, unlike the UN.

The UN has one option which was not available to me. They no doubt have some kind of security force which could have ejected Chavez. But the UN leadership is completely powerless, and I don't understand why the U.S. hasn't long since withdrawn. If not earlier, why not now? How many more tinhorn dictators do we have to endure? (I'm sorry if someone is offended.)

1 Comments:

At 5:20 PM, Blogger Kurt said...

Thanks for the apology.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home