Dolce far niente

"Too much law make people mad." "Hawai'i"

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Global Warming

Don't get me wrong. I believe there is some warming going on. "Science" seems to be able to document that. What thay can't say for sure is why. They do seem to believe that periods of warming and cooling have been occurring for millions of years. Lately, by majority vote, "science" wants to blame you and me.

Now, Al Gore, at least partially for political gain, is trying to scare us and the children into believing that a phenomenon that has traditionally taken thousands of years to happen, will occur tomorrow if we don't all change our lifestyles. Yet, has he? Apparently, not appreciably.

I prefer the wait and see option. I will drive if I have to get somewhere, I would light my fireplace if it gave off heat, I'm too poor to replace my energy inefficient appliances, I know that when they say that fluorescent bulbs will burn for seven years, that is an exaggeration, I recycle aluminum cans because they're worth something, and I throw newspapers, bottles and tin cans into a green box that Waste Management says they recycle. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy, but, hopefully, not too warm.

2 Comments:

At 3:02 PM, Blogger Kurt said...

Please, more posts about the old folks home - something you actually know something about.

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger Don, American Idle said...

I know one thing. The "scientists" can only agree that it is "likely" that we are causing the warming. And that, by majority vote.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home