Dolce far niente

"Too much law make people mad." "Hawai'i"

Monday, December 03, 2007

Final update

As far as I'm concerned, it's over. Apparently, two Muslim members of the British Parliament negotiated the pardon of Gillian Gibbons with the Sudanese government. I don't know the details, but I've lost interest. I only hope that Ms Gibbons' life is now safe. I would remind her, however, of Jim Rockford's admonition that people often confuse pardon with parole.

A final brief clarification: In my earlier post I quoted AP as "Yassin Mubarak, a young. . . man. . . carrying a sword." It is always prudent to edit everything that comes from AP. I chose these two deletions for different reasons.

The first deletion was the word "dreadlocked." In PC America, that word could be considered racist and inflamatory. The second deletion was the phrase "swathed in green." I feared my readers might be confused because, as I, they did not know that green was the "color of Islam." Green is my favorite color, and it will continue to be, notwithstanding, just as I don't reject red or blue, even though they are the "colors" of competing criminal gangs.

1 Comments:

At 3:20 PM, Blogger W.R. Chandler said...

At this point, I could see her being hunted for the rest of her life like Salman Rushdie.

They have become that insane.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home