Dolce far niente

"Too much law make people mad." "Hawai'i"

Sunday, December 16, 2007

HGH, PC and GITMO

Four recent TV submissions involved steroids (used), banning "Huck Finn" (not), detainees (should have been), and my favorite Christmas carol (used).

I love baseball, but my last real hero was Al Kaline, the Detroit Tiger great, who retired from playing in 1974, and is still in the front office. With the advent of free agency and steroids, it's been hard to have a loyal hero since. "Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio?"

In 1884, when "The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn" was published, the word "nigger" was in common use in everyday conversation. If you have been tempted to edit the previous sentence to read "n-word," I will have already lost my argument to the foolish concept of political correctness. 1884 was a different time. The book is a classic.

No one should be executed without a full trial. Detainees who don't face execution should be interrogated until it is ascertained they have told us all they know, and then they should be sent back their countries of origin, making sure any betrayal is known to all.

Christmas carol? Shouldn't that be holiday song? How politically incorrect of you. What would the ACLU, the atheists and the radical Islamists say? Happy birthday, who?

1 Comments:

At 11:51 AM, Blogger Don, American Idle said...

I sit corrected while gazing at a photo of my President that OPE has graciously provided. (I can't reach his comment section. Technology sucks.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home