Dolce far niente

"Too much law make people mad." "Hawai'i"

Friday, August 29, 2008

Comics

As is so often the case, many of life's mysteries are explained in the funny papers. For instance, take today's "Non Sequitur." Danae, the little girl, and her talking horse, Lucy, make a salient point in the following conversation:

LUCY: "Let me get this straight. . . if anyone says something that proves your preconceived notions are wrong. . . all you have to do is claim you're 'offended' just so you can remain blissfully ignorant?

DANAE: "Yep. . . correctness means never having to admit you're wrong.

LUCY: "I think psychologists have a term for that. . .

DANAE: Constitutional amendment?"


EXTRA: Good grief, I was right. John McCain chose the exact person I described here ("Guess") for Vice President. I didn't know he read Little Iodine. I am almost excited by the McCain-Palin ticket, not because I love politics, but because they represent a real chance to rescue the nation from the false messiah.

EXTRA EXTRA: I'm sorry, but the name "Crackmaster" (as seen on TV) for a windshield repair shop, puts me in mind of something else, and I can't help but(t) laugh. My bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home