Dolce far niente

"Too much law make people mad." "Hawai'i"

Wednesday, July 01, 2009

"It was all a joke," says Franken

The Minnesota Supreme Court ordered that Al Franken be seated as the junior Senator from the Land of 10,000 Lakes. On hearing the news, Franken broke into a paroxysm of laughter, and declared, "I was just kidding. What would make anyone think I would be a good Senator?"

The chubby comedian once wrote a book calling Rush Limbaugh, his intellectual superior, "a fat idiot." Limbaugh dismissed it as the aborted attempt at humor it was. Actually, Franken was quite funny on SNL, but one can hardly take him seriously now. The Senate will soon tire of his incompetence, if not his snappy one-liners. He joins former Governor Jesse Ventura as part of the parade of boobs that Minnesota voters think is funny. They are apparently bidding to exceed the speed at which New York and California are going down the drain.

EXTRA: No, I have not forgotten. President Obama reminds me every day, when he inflicts himself on me from the safety of the press room, and makes no mention of the three issues in foreign relations that require his urgent consideration. Attempting to divert my attention with the failed TARP and Stimulus programs, and the impending failure of cap-and-trade and socialized medicine will not forestall my concern.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home