Dolce far niente

"Too much law make people mad." "Hawai'i"

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Double entendre

Today, I began reading a certain David White's letter to the editor of the E-R about the District Attorney election in a neighboring county. I only continued to read because of the clever manner in which he criticized the incumbent, knowing I am ineligible to vote for that office.

White spoke of the "flagrant abuse of his office and power [and how he] used his position to protect his friends and persecute his enemies. . . [how he was a] dissembling public servant, disastrous administrator, disengenuous spokesman. . . disconnected from his constituents, [he] has disregarded truthfulness, dismissed decency, disparaged the citizenry, dishonored his oath, discomfited the law abiding, disgraced his office, disgusted the public and should now be disburdened of his position."

As I continued to read, a picture began to form in my mind of a certain resident of the White House, and I would suggest that, especially, the last seven words of the above quoted material should be applied to him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home