Dolce far niente

"Too much law make people mad." "Hawai'i"

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Limbaugh married?

Rush Limbaugh, popular talk-show host and multimillionaire, has married again. Unless he has discovered the most unusual woman in the world, that union seems doomed to failure. How many weeks/months of joy do you predict?

About 40 years ago, my cousin was a Catholic priest and an Air Force Chaplain. He was posted somewhere in Asia, and met a woman. To the disappointment of my aunt and uncle, he left the priesthood, married her, and settled on a farm in Missouri. Since then, I have lost track of them, but I do remember the one time I met her. She was completely obedient and submissive. She walked a respectful three paces behind him, and was only heard to speak when spoken to.

Do you suppose Rush has married such a woman? If he hasn't, it's unlikely the mouth-that-roars could settle down with a stronger feminine personality. Perhaps I believe that because I doubt I could, being as opinionated and chary of my liberty as he.

2 Comments:

At 1:50 PM, Blogger Alan Smithee said...

L.A. Times readers have decided that Elton John performing at Rush Limbaugh's wedding reception was "cool," as opposed to "not cool."

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger Don, American Idle said...

Curious where you got that information. The state-run media, at least the ones I allow myself to be subjected to, haven't mentioned a word of the nuptials or their aftermath. Orders of the President, no doubt.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home