Dolce far niente

"Too much law make people mad." "Hawai'i"

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Next. . .

Tonight, I am going to watch some of the talent America has, again. Last week, my favorite (an eleven-year-old girl with a 30-year-old voice) received the most votes, and my second choice also moved on. I predicted the third group because it was large and did that frantic dancing the kids like. The fourth quarterfinalist was a surprise to me, but not to those who enjoyed Michael Jackson and his "dancing."

Perhaps, tonight will produce the ultimate winner, because age eleven is too young for Las Vegas. After all, because he can afford multiple pieces of equipment, one fellow can make five scantily-clad young women appear and disappear at will.

The question remains: How much of talent is genetic, and how much is practice? I have already opined that most talent is developed, because "natural" has its limits. Fortunately, most of those who are over-produced are seldom see again, like Milli Vanilli and Charlotte Church. Unfortunately, however, John Tesh, Brian Setzer and Andrea Bocelli can still be seen from time to time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home