Dolce far niente

"Too much law make people mad." "Hawai'i"

Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Voting

Last night, the first obvious finalist appeared on the mis-named "America's Got Talent."  They are trying to snooker us again.  The man's talent (or lack of) is being overshadowed by the personal tragedy of his wounding as a soldier in the middle east.  While I am still wrestling with the argument over how much of the concept of talent is genetic, and how much involves training, I am sure that no part of talent has anything to do with unforeseen, unrelated physical or mental trauma that the performer has endured, and which he has been encouraged to attempt to exploit.  I allow myself to be offended enough not to vote for him.

While I spent this election day bemoaning the depths to which the state of California has sunk, I take heart in the knowledge that New York City is being even more besieged by their holier-than-thou, rich, banty-rooster mayor who has inserted himself into the lives of the citizens, most recently to attempt to deprive them of sugary drinks, and to exercise restraint of trade upon those who purvey them.  Who elected his nosy ass?

ADDENDUM:  Some social network is reporting that the story of the aforementioned "talent" is a pack of lies.  Because I can't go there, I can neither affirm nor deny the accuracy of the information.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home