Dolce far niente

"Too much law make people mad." "Hawai'i"

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Ovine bundling

With some old lyrics of Beyonce, whose wisdom is legendary, and which Rush tried to tie to the subject of gay marriage  --  "If you like it, you ought to be able to put a ring on it"  --  I am reminded of my faux marriage a few years ago to Fluffy, a sheep.  Apparently, legalized sodomy is coming full circle, with the president's blessing.

Do you suppose one of those colorful plastic bracelets the little girls like so much could serve as an ovine engagement/wedding ring combo?  Although Fluffy has left us, I saw a nice collection of wooly candidates in a nearby pasture.  In fact, those plastic tokens are so cheap, I could probably afford to be affianced to multiple mutton makers.  Or would that be too bin Laden of me?

Perhaps when those who can't pay the 32% cost increase mandated by "Affordable Healthcare," and those who are disposed of by the death panels are gone, someone will rescue marriage from the clutches of the coming Obama apocalpyse, and restore its original status as a loving, potentially procreative, rather than financial, personal relationship.

P.S.  Today's local newspaper has a recipe for leg of lamb.  I hope no one will fricassee one of my prospective stepchildren.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home