Dolce far niente

"Too much law make people mad." "Hawai'i"

Monday, March 11, 2013

A new week

I just received the second issue of a year-long subscription to The Week.
I did not order this magazine, but I thank whoever did.  It resembles Time, but, so far, I haven't detected as much liberal bias.  The articles are concise and generally journalistic.  I will continue to give it a read, unless I receive a bill.  I hope the person who ordered it, under my no longer used (except here) nickname, didn't pay the $76 regular subscription fee.

REBEL:  If you find yourself on the east coast tomorrow, go cut off the head of that nosy New York banty-rooster, and pour a Big Gulp down his neck.  Then drive to Washington D.C., and demand to see any and all of those public buildings that were built by earlier citizens and are now being maintained by your taxes.  Finally, go find the president out on the golf course and tell him.  .  .  oh, what the hell, nobody can tell him anything.

A SKELETON walks into a bar.  He says to the bartender, "I'll have a beer.  .  .  and a mop."

2 Comments:

At 7:23 AM, Blogger Kurt said...

I am the person who sent you The Week. We got a 2-for-1 deal. I like it because it brings together a variety of perspectives, and so far it seems to be impartial.

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger Don, American Idle said...

Who else? Thank you.

Do you think my name has come up at the conclave yet? I bet they've mentioned Obama. He's the messiah, you know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home