Dolce far niente

"Too much law make people mad." "Hawai'i"

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

November Election

I have decided to go way out on a limb, and predict that the Republican Party will retain control of both houses of Congress in next month's election. Because this flies in the face of conventional supposition, if I turn out to be correct, I'll be declared a genius. If I'm wrong, I can always pull an Alec Baldwin. (Oh, wait, he's still here.)

Of course, if enough liberal Democrats get elected, the country could be in BIG trouble. First, although other countries may stop hating us, they will start laughing at us. Then, the militant Muslims will notice our weakness, and begin their pogrom. Finally, the women who survive will don their burqas, and the men will be permitted to start planning for their 72 virgins. That is not so much a prediction as a Democratic eventuality. I pray it won't be as bad as it sounds.

(The market bumped up above 12,000 briefly today. How will the election affect that?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home