Dolce far niente

"Too much law make people mad." "Hawai'i"

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Miscellany

"Science" has struck again. I awoke at 7 a.m. today and the sun hadn't risen. It was quite dark. "So this is daylight savings time, " I thought. On a work day, people will arrive at the job site and turn on the lights. What are they saving? After work, they'll have an extra hour of daylight when they can crank up the power mower, or maybe fire up the charcoal grill and enjoy a nice smoky barbeque for an extra hour. What are they saving then?

I have just seen Fox News Sunday, and have found my (yet to declare) Presidential candidate: Fred Dalton Thompson. Former Senator from Tennessee and federal attorney, he's a clear thinker and a strong personality. His acting experience serves him well, and when he speaks, he commands respect. Of course, he's quite conservative in a common sense kind of way. But then, I've always respected and envied his career.

I am a U.S. citizen and I live on a small fixed income. If I were to apply for another credit card, I would be promptly rejected because I don't meet the income limitation. Yet, some banks want to extend credit to illegal aliens. What kind of second-class citizen does that make me?

2 Comments:

At 4:10 PM, Blogger Kurt said...

Illegal aliens work.

 
At 5:58 PM, Blogger Don, American Idle said...

And file taxes?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home