Dolce far niente

"Too much law make people mad." "Hawai'i"

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Good news

I have just been listening on the radio to the opera "Salome" by Richard Strauss, and although I gave it a fair trial (for almost an hour), it was auditorially boring. I suspect watching it would improve the experience, because a number of sopranos who have sung it in the past did go completely nude when they removed the seventh veil. In this production, however, they spoiled the fun even more by announcing that today's Salome would be wearing a full body suit. So all I can visualize is figure skating.

You'll notice I haven't posted much lately, because things have been going so well that I don't have much to complain about. And yesterday, I got the cherry on top of the whipped cream. Rosie O'Donnell had another hissy fit and may never be seen on TV again. Maybe she went out to "bitch pasture" with Fluffy.

Of course, I am ecstatic that my President, by sheer force of will, was able to fund the troops and give them the tools to do the job of protecting our country. And, good or bad, the Congress is doing something about illegal immigration. However it shakes out, the fact that immigration does present some problems is at least being addressed, and hopefully, things will get better for all involved, because we all are involved in one way or another.

EXTRA: On introducing his team on the baseball broadcast, a relief pitcher referred to the ace of the staff as Carlos "The Big Mammal" Zambrano. . . no explanation. Carlos won the game, by the way. I have him on my fantasy team.

1 Comments:

At 9:32 AM, Blogger nope said...

oooh, Zambrano on the fantasy roster, eh? Bad mistake. Pick up Jeremy Guthrie from Baltimore, sleeper free agent pick right there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home