Dolce far niente

"Too much law make people mad." "Hawai'i"

Friday, July 20, 2007

Why don't you go to church, Daddy?

Well, here I go, beating the dead ecclesiastic horse, but I consider the following to be common sense.

Priests sign on to be celibate. If they engage in sexual activity, they can no longer be priests. Period. The Catholic Church has to either change the rules or enforce them. There is no third option. A part of the enforcement for child abuse must be a report to the police, because that is a criminal as well as an ecclesiastic offense. What's so difficult about that to understand?

I hope I never hear the Church give me any crap about forgiving and forgetting and second chances. No amount of love, compassion or money excuses child abuse, and I'm sure God considers defrocking and imprisonment appropriate until He renders His decision.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home