Dolce far niente

"Too much law make people mad." "Hawai'i"

Monday, June 09, 2008

Congratulations

Today's news makes me feel younger. Les Paul is still with us, and celebrating his 93rd birthday. I hope his health permits him to enjoy the day.

Les Paul is the father of the electric guitar and multi-track recording, and, as a result, he made the popular music of the last 60 years possible. Please join me in thanking him (for his, and similarly good, music). Too often we wait too long.

I went to the doctor today, and he assured me I was still alive. He added some cholesterol pills to my medicine cocktail. I have my doubts about the deleterious effects of cholesterol, but it's a cheap, generic pill, so, what the hell, what harm can it do?

Well, let's see. The trainer of Big Brown, the odds-on favorite to win the Triple Crown, gave the horse steroids regularly until two weeks before the Belmont. He said he didn't know if they did any good, but they didn't seem to do any harm. My resident veterinarian postulates that withdrawl could very well have caused Big Brown to finish last.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home