Dolce far niente

"Too much law make people mad." "Hawai'i"

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Goodwill

Be forewarned, some of the following could be considered mean, but the holier-than-thou always annoy me, and I know the newspaper won't print this, so here it is.

A letter was sent to the editor by a couple with different last names. I will be presupposing something about their lifestyle from that and what they wrote. I am not including their names, so I won't have to apologize if I'm wrong.

I suspect they are not married. That, in itself, doesn't bother me unless they have, or plan to have children. They began by telling us they grow their own fruits and veggies, which means they have available land and possibly too much time on their hands. With that time they also bake their own bread, probably because it tastes better. Whoopee, they recycle, but who doesn't? The crap is worth money, and if you're not working. . . .

They congratulate themselves for saving water, as if they don't realize it's a finite resource, and they can't create any more of it. I don't know if they sit around in the dark, or the heat, or the cold, but they are "saving energy," probably for financial reasons. They shop in second-hand stores (duh), and recommend you buy used bags for schlepping groceries. They probably own or are planning to buy a vehicle that is small and freeway dangerous. I bet they grumble a bit, and I'm not convinced their "way of life. . . feeds [their] souls." They think they are superior, but, at their house, the terrorists have won.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home