Dolce far niente

"Too much law make people mad." "Hawai'i"

Monday, November 10, 2008

God bless America

I want you to have the best holiday ever. It may be your last. The two big days celebrate America and Jesus, and we have elected a President who, for twenty years, attended a church where the pastor's message was, "God damn America."

I don't know about you, but I remember everything I learned at my mother's knee and from the priest at church. I remember sin. I learned not to take the Lord's name in vain, and I know that Christmas honors Jesus, and Thanksgiving is a tribute to freedom.

Along the way, religion and America have had their problems, but those who, today, would summarily destroy them, are my enemies. If we want to enjoy another holiday season, confidence in America and respect for morality must be restored. We have to show President Obama that his pastor is wrong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home