Dolce far niente

"Too much law make people mad." "Hawai'i"

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Use a pencil or dark ink pen

I have voted. My write-in ballot is in the mail. I believe I have voted in every election since 1955. How I managed that at age seven, I can't imagine.

Seriously, I always vote for two basic reasons. It forces me to become informed on the issues, and it gives me permission, later, to criticize those who aren't doing the job I expected them (or they foolishly promised) to do.

I have a great idea, though. Because my Presidential vote is wasted in California, where they're still punishing us all for Nixon, I propose we be allowed to vote for President by mail in the state of our choice. For instance, my vote in Pennsylvania might just put my candidate over the top, and those 21 electoral votes in his column. Or maybe, Florida, which has 27 electoral votes. Texas (34) and New York (31) are the other biggies, but they are more Obaminized, and my vote might not help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home