Dolce far niente

"Too much law make people mad." "Hawai'i"

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Wide awake

Last night, I went to the capitol city and saw the thoroughly charming "The Drowsy Chaperone." Coming out of Canada, it garnered six Tonys in 2006, but is still generally unknown. I enjoyed it, and I laughed frequently, and, apparently, loudly, somewhat to the chagrin of my companion. I make no apology for appreciating clever lyrics, even those which may not be politically correct. You have to take your entertainment where you find it, and I haven't reached this advanced stage in life by giving a damn what other people might think. Double entendre is double entendre, and one should allow oneself to be offended only by the lack of an understanding of it.


EXTRA: Why is telling the truth about a politician called an attack? Barack Obama acknowledges an unapologetic association with the Rev. Wright and Bill Ayres, a racist and a terrorist. The truth is, most of us don't want our President to associate with such people. They're the kind of men my mother would have advised me to avoid, and I never considered her counsel an attack.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home