Dolce far niente

"Too much law make people mad." "Hawai'i"

Sunday, October 05, 2008

Credo

As a matter of faith, I believe that life begins at conception.

FURTHER

I believe that persons should have sex only after they fully understand that sexual intercourse can result in conception, and that there are methods to prevent it.

I believe that if conception occurs, it is immoral to fail to accept responsibility for the new life.

With the exception of the crime of rape, all women have always had the right and ability to prevent conception. Abstinence is 100% effective, and all heterosexual couples are advised that pregnancy should occur only as a result of love and the genuine desire to have a child. I believe that if abortion is selected by a woman who has been promiscuous, it is her moral weakness.

HOWEVER

So long as abortion is legal, I believe that no one has the right to deny any woman the procedure, as a benefit of freedom; and, in fact, although, on occasion, it panders to immorality, I would not support repealing Roe vs Wade.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home