Dolce far niente

"Too much law make people mad." "Hawai'i"

Monday, February 23, 2009

Home again

It happened again. I was supposed to have jury duty today, but the trial was "vacated." It's not like we don't have crime (more each year) in our pleasant little town, but no trial today. I hope some little weasel didn't take a plea to get a slap on the wrist for some heinous crime that the DA wasn't sure he could prove.

It's probably for the best, however, because the rain has finally come, and it's expected to be a very wet week, and as you know, I tend to melt under pelting precipitation, heavy criticism and withering glances. Or not.

AS SEEN ON TV: "As opposed as I am to political correctness, even I allowed myself to be offended by the cartoon that implied some relationship between the President and a chimpanzee." (Without the obvious snarky insult. . . "even though I would sooner trust a dead ape.")

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home