Dolce far niente

"Too much law make people mad." "Hawai'i"

Friday, October 23, 2009

George Carlin is still laughing

As a connoisseur of euphemisms, George Carlin would really enjoy the story of Northwest Airlines Flight l88 from San Diego which flew right over the destination airport in Minneapolis, and proceded 150 miles farther, because, as the pilots said, they were talking and "lost situational awareness." NTSB investigators suspect they were asleep. But the euphemism is funny. By the way, no one was hurt, if you disregard the pilots' newly achieved lack of credibility.

EXTRA: The Obamanation is talking about gifting me with another $250. From my experience the first time, I know it won't make a whit of difference in my life, and, of course, it won't buy my vote, as he hopes.

UPDATE: Two NWA pilots may have been seen using their professional discount to buy several one-way tickets to Brazil. I guess some friends and/or relatives will be joining them in a land from which they cannot be extradited.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home