Dolce far niente

"Too much law make people mad." "Hawai'i"

Friday, November 27, 2009

A holiday

Yesterday, Thanksgiving, I enjoyed the nicest day I have had for many years. First born and I traveled to the capital city for dinner with all four of my children, the significant others of three of them, and my grandson. Some of them had come from New York and Colorado to the home of the family love arranger. The only ones missing were two third and one fourth generation members who could not make it in from Tennessee.

It was the first time in a long time that so many family members had all been in the same place at the same time. It was a wonderful day for me; their mother would have loved it. At no time did anyone say the words that Bonnie Hunt ("The BH Show") says always ruin her family gatherings, "What's that supposed to mean?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home