Dolce far niente

"Too much law make people mad." "Hawai'i"

Tuesday, July 06, 2010

My response

A Bob Jones criticized my letter to the editor of the Sacramento Bee with a letter of his own. My letter was in response to an article by a Bruce Dancis. Ignoring Jones' attempts to insult me, I responded:

"I believe that there is very little wrong with the American health care and immigration systems. My criticism of Bruce Dancis was that I have yet to hear that he offered to pay for the "free" British health care he received which someone else may have covered. An American, at home or abroad, should expect only those health services he or she can afford. Good Americans realize they must have worked or are working now to pay for their health care and/or insurance.

"Properly administered and enforced, U.S. immigration policy is also fine. [Sometime after my grandparents arrived, some laxity began to allow people to enter the U.S. illegally more frequently.] Today, we should instantly deport all illegal aliens, but welcome them to our embassies and consulates in their countries of origin. There, if they can prove they have worked a specific length of time (possibly, three or more years) in America, learned enough English to carry on a conversation, invested all their earnings in the local economy, and are willing to study to become U.S. citizens, they should receive visas to return immediately. All others, including new applicants, should be required strictly to observe the procedures already written into immigration law."

THIS COULD BE MY MISSING JULY 4 MESSAGE.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home