Dolce far niente

"Too much law make people mad." "Hawai'i"

Friday, April 22, 2011

Finally

After a week of spotty newspaper deliveries, today, I finally received both papers with all their parts, free of puddle water. I pray such service will continue from the person who is replacing The (old) Paper Gals whom I annually tipped generously, but who apparently have retired (or died). Possibly the 365-day-a-year grind or the $4+ gasoline did them in.

I complained to both newspapers a total of three times, because I have plenty of free time to do that. The young lady at the E-R reminded me that it is dark in the early morning, as though I hadn't realized that. I forgot to mention My Street Light which bathes a portion of the driveway in illumination, but I did cite the fact that I, myself, had thrown newspapers in the past, and I never deposited one in a puddle.

Momentarily, I thought I might call or email someone and thank them for the improvement, but then I asked myself, "Do you thank people for doing what they're supposed to do?" Besides, it's only one day. If it continues, I can always send a monetary reward at Christmas time. I'll always remember those two people who recognized my faithful service.

FYI: This afternoon's Chicago Cubs baseball game is being bombarded by Lake Michigan seagulls. Not having had WGN before, I was unaware that occurred.
P.S. They may be called simply "gulls." One of us might do some research.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home