Dolce far niente

"Too much law make people mad." "Hawai'i"

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

PSA

Peter Greenberg (self-named "Road Warrior") writes in the November 2011 edition of the liberal house organ "AARP, The Magazine," "Many airliners don't stock enough bottled water. When they run out (and they often do), flight attendants resort to the plane's own water system. In 2004 the EPA found that 15 percent of U.S. planes tested positive for coliform bacteria. New regulations have been enacted since then, but unless you hear the 'crack' of a new water bottle being opened, I'd say stick with canned beverages."

(I joined AARP to obtain their afflilated UnitedHealthcare's Medicare supplement, and I notice that that insurance is now being sold without a tie to AARP, so I may soon be able to avoid paying for their propagandazine.)

The above liberal scare tactic notwithstanding, I would score my airline bottled water as early in the flight as it's offered. I wouldn't want to drink the same water that is also piped into that tiny, depressing chamber that passes for a restroom.

FYI: My letter to the E-R concerning the clever Increase Diversity Bake Sale (9/28 below) was published today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home