Dolce far niente

"Too much law make people mad." "Hawai'i"

Sunday, December 04, 2011

The bad and the unexpected

With a mere five days left to change my Plan D drug coverage, I received word from my insurer that next year they will not pay for my most expensive drug. When I mentioned the letter to my agent and my drug store, their reaction mirrored mine: "Bastards." Neither of them, however, could or would help me. They advised me to call 1-800-MEDICARE.

Then a miracle occurred. Mid-afternoon on a Friday, I got right through. Continuing my extraordinary good luck, I was talking to someone who was patient, knowledgeable, and made a change which I understood completely. In less than thirty minutes, God willing, I had arranged to have acceptable, if slightly more expensive, coverage. . . I think. The paperwork that will be forthcoming will tell.

1 Comments:

At 5:21 PM, Blogger Kurt said...

It's a Christmas miracle.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home