Dolce far niente

"Too much law make people mad." "Hawai'i"

Saturday, December 10, 2011

A wooden person

May I respectfully recommend a pleasant little film called "Dummy" (2002) that I saw yesterday on IFC. Chock full of performers I like, it stars Adrien Brody whose excess of charm overshadows his prominent proboscis. It's my kind of movie, with characters, strange as they are, about whom I actually cared. Don't be off-put by the unbelievable; it's part of the fun. Remember. . . not even "Dr. Strangelove" is perfect.

FROM AARP: "Q: How do you pronounce the capital of Kentucky: 'Loo-ee-ville' or Loo-iss-ville'?
"A: [Neither.] Kentucky's capital [is] Frankfort."

(Actually, in southern Indiana I heard it pronounced "Low-vul.")


A POLL conducted by "Men's Health" named Jennifer Aniston the sexiest woman who ever lived. No way! I find Miss Piggy more appealing. The voters must have been the sick guys who read the magazine hoping to find a cure. They should try a doctor, preferably a psychiatrist.

1 Comments:

At 12:25 PM, Blogger Kurt said...

Not usually an Adrien Brody fan, but he was great as Salvador Dali in "Midnight in Paris."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home