Dolce far niente

"Too much law make people mad." "Hawai'i"

Thursday, June 07, 2012

Winners and losers

It appears the new citizen redistricting committee for whom I didn't vote has dumped me into a Democrat Assembly district.  In the run-off in November the top vote getter will be opposed by the conservative woman who was outvoted by 2-1.  I suspect he will treat my letters of concern much like my Senators do.  .  .  with a form letter reply spouting some liberal garbage which may or may not be on topic.  I'm beginning to feel slimed already.

It may still be better than New York City.  Today's political cartoon by Holbert of the Boston Herald has Mayor Bloomberg announcing, "No pants over waist size 38 will be sold in N.Y.C."  Makes about as much sense as his soda proclamation.

APPARENTLY, an officer of his National Guard unit says the "talent" served a month in Afghanistan, but was not wounded.  Mistaken identity?  Army snafu?  Lying sack?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home