Dolce far niente

"Too much law make people mad." "Hawai'i"

Monday, June 26, 2006

Conflicts

1. I say we let those two icons of feminine civility, Molly Ivins and Ann Coulter, fight it out. I mean a real old-fashioned kicking, punching, scratching, bitch-slapping, hair-pulling fight. Don't let 'em talk, though, and for heaven's sake, don't let 'em write anything.

2. I am constantly amazed by those persons who seem surprised that, during time of war, the government is spying on the enemy. I believe this tradition began when the first cave man sneaked over to his neighbor's place to try to discover the most efficient way to kill him and/or steal something from him. Since the advent of electronic surveillance, this activity has been significantly improved.

I applaud any steps that the U.S takes to ensure my security and liberty. Call me overly optimistic, but I believe the present actions are legal and necessary. Although someone could be investigating my phone and bank records, I am unconcerned because I HAVE DONE NOTHING WRONG. If you have been consorting with the enemy, I hope YOU are VERY worried.

Some losing politicians have complained that, before we were attacked and 3,000 Americans were assassinated, there wasn't enough vigilance. Now they say there's too much, and mostly for the same political reasons, they'll probably continue to try to dilute the program until we're attacked again. Then their finger-pointing can start all over.

Although it's always been true, we should now make this the motto of the 21st Century: "You can't have it both ways."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home