Dolce far niente

"Too much law make people mad." "Hawai'i"

Monday, August 28, 2006

Emmy

As you may have noticed, I don't comment much on entertainment. With all the potential evil lurking about, it seems that movies and TV are pretty inconsequential. However, I did watch a portion of the Emmy Awards and made a few observations. It was hosted by Conan O'Brien who I've never enjoyed, and besides, like Steve Buscemi was described by that tramp in "Fargo," he's "funny lookin'."

The committee urged the voters to nominate and elect people who had not won before, ignoring some of the most popular shows and actors. This produced wins by such minor talents as Julia Louis-Dreyfus and Megan Mullally and the annoying "The Office."

One highlight I did see just before I switched over to "Mystery!" involved the writer of the pilot episode of "My Name Is Earl." On receiving his award, he came up on stage with a list of people he DIDN'T want to thank, i.e., "My eighth grade social studies teacher who told me, 'Sit down and shut up; you're not funny.'"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home