Dolce far niente

"Too much law make people mad." "Hawai'i"

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Legal Matters

The ACLU, that group that sues to tear down crosses on public lands and wants to do away with the Ten Commandments, while citing the non-existent "separation of church and state," has taken the case of Toni Kay Scott, 14, of Napa, California, who violated her public school dress code. Toni got into trouble (Associated Press didn't specify how much) for wearing socks bearing the picture of Tigger from Winnie the Pooh, in contravention to the policy requiring clothing of solid colors only (except red, interestingly). The ACLU alleges that Redwood Middle School illegally denies students "the right to express political, RELIGIOUS, humorous, and literary messages on their clothes."

You can't have it both ways, ACLU hypocrites.

Prospective jurors for the Phil Spector murder trial have been ordered to fill out 18-page questionnaires. What are their rights in this matter? I'm afraid I might be tempted to provide my name, address and telephone number, but give a big N/A to the rest. I imagine they can legally ask me those questions when they get me in the jury box, but if that's not good enough for them, they can dismiss me.

Actually, I might just fill out the questionnaire and be dismissed for my honest impertinence. I get really offended when someone asks me if I can be fair.

2 Comments:

At 7:03 PM, Blogger Kurt said...

I'd explain it to you, but it's a little complicated.

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger Don, American Idle said...

No you wouldn't/couldn't.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home