Dolce far niente

"Too much law make people mad." "Hawai'i"

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

More good news

Finally realizing that the movement she joined "often puts personal egos above peace and human life," Cindy Sheehan has decided to go home "to try to be normal." Although she had already sacrificed a 29-year marriage, on Memorial Day she stepped down to spend more time with her three surviving children. She has announced that the five-acre parcel she bought adjacent to President Bush's home in Crawford, Texas is for sale; but, mercifully, Cindy no longer is. We wish her all the best.

Yesterday, I received a surprise phone call from the U.S. Representative from my district, Wally Herger. He thanked me for the letter to the editor that I had written in response to the words of Jorge Smirnoff which were unfair and hurtful to him. We spoke briefly about immigration, and he assured me he was very concerned. I also impertinently suggested that those surveys his staff sends out frequently contain "loaded" questions, phrased to evoke emotional responses. I assured him I appreciated his conservative position, and I thanked him for his years of service. It was the highlight of this year so far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home