Dolce far niente

"Too much law make people mad." "Hawai'i"

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Another cartoon

First born could not say "no" to a young salesman from the newspaper in a nearby small/medium size town, the name of which is two words which represent a local topographical feature. It turns out her action was almost purely charity, because the young man, who was earning some kind of trip, neglected to tell her that the paper would arrive in the mail. So, instead of the news, we are getting the "olds." We do, however, get the cartoon "Alley Oop," and they have promised to publish my valuable political criticism next week.

Alley Oop was a caveman who lived in the prehistoric land of Moo. The strip was created in 1932, and it is apparently in limited distribution, because I haven't seen it in any newspaper since my youth. In fact, I must have been very young, because in 1939, Oop came into possession of a time machine, and has been spanning the ages all this time. I came upon him two weeks ago in 1907 Oklahoma where he was schmoozing with Will Rogers, just before he "beamed" to the present day. The Oop of my youth didn't do that. Oop of my youth. . . .

It appears that Mr. Oop, as he is now called, would feel at home in the North State. After all, in Oklahoma, he "toted" a stone hatchet in the holster on his belt. From my youth, I recall it was an ax he carried. It was a formidable weapon, and he wielded it prodigiously.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home