Dolce far niente

"Too much law make people mad." "Hawai'i"

Sunday, February 10, 2008

A mere pittance

I have decided not to pursue my $300 "stimulus," because to do so, I would have to spend the better part of an hour preparing my tax form, something I haven't had to do for 11 years. I still don't make enough to file, and I think I'll just let sleeping dogs lie. I can't see how $300 will make any difference in my life, anyway. In addition, if I didn't have $3,000 earned income, I'd get nothing. You would think that someone who earns that little could really use the money, so caring about people is not the goal of this expensive, ill-advised nonsense. Could it's being an election year have anything to do with it?

I will feel good that I didn't add to the deficit which we owe China, and feeling good about yourself by pretending to care is what liberalism is all about. Maybe I'm becoming a liberal.


EXTRA: Probably half the adults in the world think they can write. Many of them can. Why did producers of movies and TV ever sign union contracts when writers were looking for work by the hundreds every day?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home