Dolce far niente

"Too much law make people mad." "Hawai'i"

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Vote

I know, voting has become very discouraging. It's the old "lesser or two evils" syndrome again. When did that start happening?

We see rallies and conventions on TV, and people are waving signs and joyously carrying on about their favorites. Who are these people? Do you know any of them? Everyone I talk to says they are not happy with any of the choices. Could we earn some money by pretending to be rabid about someone on TV? Nobody I know would do so for free.

Since 1964, when I was very supportive of Barry Goldwater for president, I have only felt good about Hubert Humphrey, Ronald Reagan (second term) and Bob Dole. (All but Reagan lost.) I have never been tempted not to vote, but where have good men like those named above gone? Have we sunk irretrievably into the morass of partisan politics? If Jesus Christ, reputedly the only perfect person who ever lived, were to return and run for president, would he lose because he was a member of the "wrong" party?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home