Dolce far niente

"Too much law make people mad." "Hawai'i"

Monday, March 17, 2008

Letter to the editor about a liar

Leonard Adame opened his letter of 3/16 with, "My mother said never speak ill of the dead. OK, I won't. . ." Then, he proceeded to excoriate William F. Buckley Jr. and Ronald Reagan, both of whom are, indeed, dead. Therefore, Adame is a self-righteous liar. I am allowed to say that without answering to his mother or mine, because he is alive, although he does have a fragile grasp of reality.

Commenting upon what Adame said about those two fine Americans, who were far more significant and influential than he, would only give validation to the words of a man who respects neither his mother's wisdom nor the United States of America. Asking him to apologize would also be futile. I know, because I've asked him to before.

2 Comments:

At 6:56 PM, Blogger Law and Order Teacher said...

Is there any way you could post the text of the letter? What paper was the letter in? Take care.

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger Don, American Idle said...

The paper is the Chico (CA) Enterprise-Record. My first encounter with Adame was chronicled in my post of January 18. That letter was published, and I'm hoping today's will be in about a week. For some reason, they always wait a week, no matter how current the issue is.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home