Dolce far niente

"Too much law make people mad." "Hawai'i"

Friday, February 29, 2008

Yellow Journalism

Senator Claire McCaskill (D-MO) has proposed a measure for my daughter and John McCain (and others), which would put the Senate on record as saying that a "natural-born citizen" would include anyone born to a citizen while that citizen was serving in the military. [Don't blame me; that's the wording that appeared in the paper.]

McCaskill's action was prompted by an ignorant article in the previously discredited New York Times that improperly questioned Senator McCain's "natural-born" eligibility for the presidency. McCain was born in the Panama Canal Zone in 1936, when it was under the control of the U.S. military. His father was a naval officer.

My daughter was born a few years later in a U.S. Army hospital in France. I was an Army NCO, but my daughter, another natural-born citizen, won't be running for president; her horses won't let her.


Happy Leap Day.

1 Comments:

At 1:25 PM, Blogger Law and Order Teacher said...

Check out my post about McCain. I would value your opinion. Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home