Dolce far niente

"Too much law make people mad." "Hawai'i"

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Curmudgeon

Part of the definition of a curmudgeon ("ill-tempered") does not apply to me. I am a happy, fun-loving person who enjoys all forms of humor, even the dark ones. I am particularly amused when fools allow themselves to be offended by what I say. Sometimes, like Leonard Adame, I exaggerate, for effect. I only allow myself to be offended by disgruntled Democrats who disobey the Ninth Commandment. Don't they believe in the Biblical Hell?

I thought h might enjoy some of the emails I've submitted to TV:

What surprises me about the Obama campaign is that so many naive people are supporting someone who has done nothing, and has no plans to do anything. Hope is a dream, and change without details is just talk.

In about 50 years or so, when the lies have been forgotten, and the people of the Middle East are free, George W. Bush will be declared the greatest U.S. President ever. Until then, I kinda like Thomas Jefferson. [Jorge almost infarcted.]

(Those two appeared on KNVN-TV. Some of the following are still pending.)

Cuba: I have never understood why my government has deprived me of fine cigars and dancing the conga for 45 years. I don't see how we've accomplished anything but turn a pleasant tourist trap, populated with happy, fun-loving people, into a land of sadness and poverty.

Immigration is not a computer game. Undesirables are sneaking into this country daily, and we must find a way to weed them out from the people who want to respect our laws and make a positive contribution.

Berkeley: Is there no city in which to live? New York City has abolished the school board, Los Angeles has invited the homeless of the world to sleep on its streets, Chico wastes money on surveys, among other things, and now, Berkeley wants to insult the U.S. Marines. They must apologize to the people of the U.S.

Finally: We should pattern our trials of terrorists after those that were held for the Nazis at Nuremberg. To this day, it hasn't been suggested by anyone that they were anything but fair and appropriate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home