Dolce far niente

"Too much law make people mad." "Hawai'i"

Sunday, March 02, 2008

The Buck stops

Last month, when Fenton "Buck" Noordyke died in Little Rock, Arkansas, his will included a bequest to Mr. and Mrs. Bill Clinton of $343,000 for "services rendered." Mr. Noordyke, a developer and political activist, was a frequent visitor to the governor's mansion in 1979, and speculation has arisen as to what services Governor Clinton and his wife provided to him. The Little Rock Democrat-Gazette will be launching an investigation.

1 Comments:

At 6:36 PM, Blogger Law and Order Teacher said...

The ambiguity of "services rendered" will keep the fertile minds of conspiracy theorists busy for years. As I have told my students, I have a problem with conspiracy theories. My experience as a cop tells me that people are incapable of keeping a secret. We used to play them off against each other. Worked every time. Thanks for the visit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home