Dolce far niente

"Too much law make people mad." "Hawai'i"

Thursday, July 30, 2009

That misnamed talent show

If I hear the expression, "It means EVERYTHING to me," one more time, I may smash the Bravia in a fit of pique. With 160+ contestants, everyone's chances are slim at best. Begging and pleading are not endearing, but losing gracefully is. At least, the producers only showed one who expressed anger, and she probably was actually better (more entertaining) than about half of the 40 who were chosen.

Perhaps I don't understand, but they apparently flew them all to Las Vegas, where none of them has yet performed again. (Actually, three groups were forced to do a dance-off, and the judges chose the one. . . get this. . . that was on roller skates.)

With all the rest, they reviewed their tapes, and the God-like judges made their proclamations. Particularly annoying is the fact that David Hasselhoff, a minor celebrity, is telling you and me who has talent. We have caught only a glimpse of many of the 40 chosen, and I don't know if we'll ever see their full performances. Wherever this is going, I am beginning to side with the young lady who stomped off, feeling badly used.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home